Listen to this Article
Dear NightFall Astrology readers,
We’ve made it to one of the most important weeks of 2021! We have a New Moon in Libra, bringing us a breath of fresh air for new harmonious, fair and balanced beginnings in our relationships! A new Mars cycle starts, and 2 “big daddy” planets – Saturn and Pluto – station Direct, which means that things will start moving again after a 6-month halt!
Here’s your weekly horoscope:
- On October 4th and 5th, Mercury retrograde in Libra will be in a quincunx with Neptune retrograde in Pisces. This is a minor aspect, but its disharmonious energy can amplify when the planets are retrograde because the confusion is intensified. A quincunx or an inconjunct is a 150° angle between both planets; it indicates that both energies are irreconcilable and have nothing in common. Add to that the transiting Moon in Virgo opposing (tense aspect) Neptune! As if things weren’t foggy enough already with the current Mercury retrograde!
These couple of days aren’t suitable for any important decision-making, having important conversations, sending business emails, signing documents, and negotiations. We’ll be totally distracted and gullible, so it’s useless to push the Universe. Wait things out and use this time to review and go over your strategy.
This transit will be most challenging for Pisces, Virgo, Sagittarius and Gemini. They can be particularly liable to insomnia or disrupted sleep patterns.
- From October 4th until October 6th, Mars in Libra will also be in an inconjuction with Uranus retrograde in Taurus. We’re still dealing with challenging and irreconcilable energy, and this tense aspect can heighten our nervousness, irritability and aggression. This energetic overload can be channelled into some intense workouts or physical activity. Avoid buying any new high-tech items and/or vehicles as Uranus is involved in this transit, and Mercury is still going in a retrograde motion.
Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius will have the hardest time with this aspect.
- On October 6th, we have 2 major planetary events: a New Moon in Libra and Pluto stationing Direct after it’s been retrograding since the end of April! Talk about the Truth coming to the surface!
Let’s unpack the New Moon 1st: it will be happening on October 6th at 1:05 PM (CET), in 13°25′ of Libra.
A New Moon is formed when the Sun and the Moon are in an exact conjunction, and it always marks some kind of a new beginning. Libra is a Cardinal Air sign, so all of us will be emotionally compelled to take action and initiate new beginnings in our relationships, business partnerships, legal matters, and our fight for justice, fairness and the truth. Libra also stands for harmony, but with Mars being in an exact conjunction with this New Moon, things won’t be that harmonious. “Contradiction” is the order of the day. Why is that? Well, Mars naturally rules aggression, drive, passion, courage and self-defence. With it being in detriment in Libra, he has difficulty expressing his higher manifestation of courage and bravery (i.e. the spiritual warrior). Of course, Mars can fight for justice and fairness in Libra, and these themes will be strongly on our minds and in our collective consciousness 2-3 days before and after this New Moon, and on the day it becomes exact too.
The Sun in Libra is in its fall, so it’s not an optimal position for it either. Mercury will also be near the New Moon, but in a retrograde motion. We end up on this New Moon, with a stellium (4 planets) in Libra, so the themes of harmony, balance, love and justice will be strongly on our minds. We’ll be having strong feelings and emotions attached to them, but indecisiveness, irritation, impulsivity and aggressiveness will blur our vision to take the right action. And if any actions are taken, they’ll most probably be too disproportionate and aggressive, especially in protests for social justice. The tension will be at its peak with the ongoing quincunx to Uranus retrograde in Taurus that we mentioned earlier.
The dispositing/ruling planet of this New Moon – Venus – will be finishing off its transit in Scorpio. Again, Venus’s energy is weakened in this sign; Venus in Scorpio is in its fall. So, intense and incomprehensible emotions in our interactions with others will be at the forefront. Karmic situations will be unlocked as well as Venus will be starting to conjoin the South Node and oppose the North Node.
However, there is a stabilising element to the volatility that this New Moon will bring: the Libra stellium will be in a trine with Saturn retrograde in Aquarius. We’ll be finding ourselves in deep introspection and retrospection about our lives, in general, as Saturn rules karma and time. So the abovementioned karmic situations that may be unlocked for us have the potential for long-lasting effects in our future. Whether they will be positive or negative depends on us, for Saturn responds to the nature of our actions: it’s up to us to weigh both sides of the situation at hand and make the best possible decision. That is the 6th hermetic principle of cause and effect.
With Mercury retrograding in Libra, speaking our truth with grace and diplomacy is key for successful progress in our personal and business relationships. Also, with clear-sightedness and rationality, we’ll have the potential to win any court cases we’re involved in and/or close important negotiations and deals. Practice mindfulness and meditation as much as you can this week to keep your mind clear.
Numerologically, 13° is reduced to 4, which represents the planet Uranus. This adds to the unstable energy of the New Moon. But, it also gives the ability to shake things up and bring sudden change, especially in the court and justice system, if we look at things from the perspective of mundane astrology. This also stands for sudden change and realisations in our own lives regarding what we truly value (Taurus).
Speaking of transformation and change, on the same day, Pluto, the planet of secrets, transformation, hidden things, death and rebirth, financial institutions and investments, the occult, and political power will station Direct. It’s been retrograde since April 27th, and when this planet goes retrograde, it can obscure facts and churn up paranoia. With its switching motion, hidden information starts coming to the surface, especially regarding governments, corporations and the economy, as it’s been transiting Capricorn (the sign ruling governments, social norms and structures) since 2008. Scandalous connections between corporations, politicians and their undercover deals could come to light as the week progresses. On a personal note, Pluto’s backspin may have left some of us stuck with stormier thoughts. As the dwarf planet shifts into drive for the coming 7 months, motivation returns that can help us tackle tough sticking points, addictive tendencies and compulsive behaviours.
Remember, when a planet stations before it turns retrograde or direct, its energy is extremely intense, so events with utter importance for all of us are bound to occur. Buckle up!
The New Moon and Pluto going Direct energy will be most intense for Libra, Capricorn, Aries, and Cancer. Especially those of you who have your Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven, IC or any other important planet or point in your chart around 13° of these signs (give or take 2-3 degrees).
- On October 7th, Venus will enter Sagittarius and remain in this sign until November 5th. When the planet of love and money transits Sagittarius, it seeks adventure, new contacts, international travel, and brings enthusiasm to our relationships, sense of beauty and style, material possessions, art and music. Sagittarius is a mutable fire sign, so expect a lot of variety in any Venus-ruled matter for the upcoming 4 weeks! Exciting, isn’t it?
A word of caution though: avoid starting new adventures in the relationship sector while Mercury’s retrograde. If they’re worthwhile, they’ll still be around after October 18th.
This transit will be most beneficial for Sagittarius, Leo, Aries, Aquarius, and Libra.
- October 8th is a critical day, this week too. That’s when a new 2-year cycle between Mars and the Sun begins. We’ll be having an exact conjunction between these 2 planets in Libra. Our drive, energy, passion and actions will be oriented towards Libra topics for the next 2 years, i.e. justice, fairness, harmony, partnerships and relationships.
On a more mundane level, this new cycle will usher reforms and changes in legal and justice systems worldwide. Governments will become more dependent on the Courts and lawmakers’ power. We can expect profound shakeups in the organisation of law enforcement and the police in general, financial, fiscal and insurance institutions. Both the Sun and Mars will be starting to square Pluto, so scandals, the revelation of government secrets, an irruption of lawsuits, and large-scale conflicts will be highlighted.
This Mars in Libra cycle will be focused on the fight for justice, but it won’t be without conflict and loss. After all, we’re talking about Mars, and it’s in detriment in this sign, as we’ve already explained.
On the more positive side, this conjunction will be followed the next day, October 9th, by the inferior conjunction between Mercury retrograde and the Sun called “Cazimi” (the famous cheat day during Mercury retrograde when you get to start a new project, relationship or even sign a new contract). So, the 3 planets will be all conjunct simultaneously, starting 2 new cycles: the Mars cycle and the Mercury cycle. The latter is marked by Mercury rising as a Morning Star when it becomes visible again about a week after the conjunction. In ancient astrology, Mercury as a Morning Star takes on the energy of the Greek God Apollo ruling archery, music and dance, truth and prophecy, healing and diseases, the Sun and light, poetry, and more.
So, education, technology, innovation and intellectual activities, in general, will be energised.
The new Mars cycle will be particularly important for those of you who have natally Mars in Libra and are currently going through their Mars return. If you have your natal Mars anywhere around 12 to 16 degrees of Libra, pay attention to the type of events and situations that arise for you this week; they will set the tone for where you’ll be putting your energy for the next 2 years.
More generally speaking, this transit will affect more strongly Libra, Aries, Cancer, and Capricorn.
- And we end the week with the Grand Finale: Saturn stationing Direct in the late evening of October 10th and early morning of October 11th, depending on your time zone, after its 5-month retrograde in Aquarius blocking our progress in our long-term projects and careers and making us rethink and review it all. Well, guess what? It’s time for the blocks to get lifted and things start moving again! Saturn has been transiting Aquarius since December 17th, 2020, making us discover new innovative structures for our society. It’s been reminding us that freedom without discipline cannot be reached and that anarchy is bound to fail. With it starting to move forward again, it’ll be getting closer to making its final square to Uranus – the co-ruler of Aquarius. From radicalised groups overtaking democracies to ransomware attacks on major industries and over-regulation, we’ve seen our share of Saturnian challenges this year. Aquarius-ruled social media has created major divides within our day-to-day circles, as people polarise around everything from reproductive rights to mask and vaccine mandates to the reality of climate change. More than ever, human beings need to work together. And yet…the Aquarius tendency to rebel against “control” is making this Saturn cycle extra challenging.
The Saturn/Uranus square has been the most important alignment this year and it’s been pushing us to find common ground between our quest for freedom (Uranus) and our respect and acknowledgement of rules and traditions (Saturn). Let’s hope with the latter’s Direct motion, we start moving back again towards our common sense and pragmatism.
Wishing you a truthful and productive week!
Your Astrologer – Theodora NightFall
Bear in mind that this is a general horoscope and is in no way your personal horoscope. If you’d like to know what your birth chart says about your personality and your life’s purpose or discover what the upcoming astrological alignments mean specifically for you, you can book a consultation with me.
Subscribe to my free newsletter, “Unveiling Astrology”, the place where the most potent magicK happens, and get my horoscopes, exclusive articles, updates, and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
If you liked this free content, why not share it or make a donation? Go on.