Listen to this Article
Are you ready to switch the initiator mode on in you, my dear astrology enthusiasts? If yes, then this is the week to do so!
Right off the bat, we start the week with the annual New Moon in Aries! This is the officialisation of the astrological new year. Whatever you begin on Monday will map a sequence of actions throughout the rest of the year that will most probably bear fruit on the Aries Full Moon happening on October 20th, 2021.
- This New Moon will be bringing intense momentum, so you better use its energy to take any necessary inspired action to make quick and long-lasting changes. Aries is a cardinal fire sign, so it’s a passionate initiator.
The New Moon will be happening on Monday, April 12th, at 22°25′ of Aries at 4:31 AM (CET). Numerologically, it will have a Uranian flavour/energy (2+2=4=Uranus), meaning it will be electric, unexpected, sudden and revolutionary!
It will be in conjunction with Venus in Aries, which brings harmony and abundance to it. Its intensity comes from its square (tense aspect) with Pluto in Capricorn, translating into explosive emotional outbursts, compulsive behaviour, and overreactions in general. It’s also in a positive sextile with Mars in Gemini, which gives us the drive and courage to communicate our desires and plans. We’re definitely ready for expansion and abundance with this New Moon making another sextile to Jupiter in Aquarius, energising our actions with faith, long-term vision, and innovation.
Even after the New Moon is over, the Sun will continue to be in an auspicious sextile with Jupiter that will become exact on April 15th, so the expansive vitality that will push us forward this week will be still there.
The dispositor of this New Moon, Mars, will be in a separating square with Neptune, so things might be still foggy in our minds from last week, but thankfully, things will start to become clearer from Tuesday onwards. The New Moon’s energy will be at its peak until the Moon leaves Aries and enters Taurus at 7:44 PM (CET), so don’t waste time and make your intentions clear for the actions you’ll be taking to actualise any important projects you might have!
Mars will also be forming a powerful trine with Jupiter during the week that will become exact on April 15th-17th. This energises, even more, any kind of long-term projects. Don’t be afraid to initiate, be bold!
The Aries New Moon will be particularly auspicious for the fire signs: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
Cancer, Capricorn and Libra should be careful with petty conflicts and impatience, especially in their interactions with others.
- On April 14th, Venus enters her home sign of Taurus. Venus is very well-placed in this sign, and her qualities of abundance (especially material), harmony, beauty, art and creativity, luxury are expressed entirely. She will remain there until May 9th.
Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn, Cancer and Pisces will benefit the most from this energy (especially in money and relationships).
Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius should watch out for conflicts in their relationships.
- On April 15th, Pluto stations at 26°46′ of Capricorn and is getting ready to turn retrograde on April 27th. There will be a rising tension in general, and some projects (especially around business and career) might start to get delayed and/or halted. The stationary periods of a planet (before it turns retrograde or direct) are the most intense ones, so try your best to remain cautious and relaxed. Pluto is a very psychological planet. Take good care of your mental health. Pluto asks us to transform whatever isn’t growing anymore in our lives. If we don’t, it “kills” it.
This will be most strongly felt by Scorpio risings and, to a lesser degree, Scorpio Suns and Moons.
The air signs: Libra, Aquarius, Gemini, and to some extent, the fire signs of Aries and Leo will be in an excellent position to start new endeavours in business, career and learning.
- On April 16th, the Sun in Aries will be in a tense square with Pluto in Capricorn. This may translate into over-assertiveness and conflicts with authority figures. Keep your cool.
Aries, Capricorn, Cancer and Libra should be the most careful with this aspect.
Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces have the potential to push business and career projects forward by taking the right action. This will require them to get out of their comfort zone.
- We end the week with Mercury in Aries sextiling Mars in Gemini and squaring Pluto in Capricorn on April 17th-18th. This is great energy for all kinds of communications; just be mindful of overdoing it or insisting too much.
Capricorn, Cancer, Libra, Aries, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces should be most careful with these aspects.
Gemini, Aquarius, Leo and Taurus will benefit from heightened assertiveness.
This New Moon is the opportunity for you to re-affirm your identity! That’s what Aries is all about! “Just Do It”!
Your Astrologer – Theodora NightFall
P.S. If you’d like to book an astrology consultation with me, go to my consultations page.
P.P.S. Want to dive deeper? Get on my email list by hitting the button down below to receive EXCLUSIVE content and offers directly in your inbox!