Listen to this Article
Dear NightFall Astrology readers,
Have you been getting frustrated with the significant slowdown since May? Well, you’ll have to work even more on your diligence, sense of detail, and patience, since Mercury – the planet ruling our mind, thought processes, communications, skills, short-distance travel and electronic devices – turns retrograde on Monday, September 27th! We thus end up with 6 (and a half if we include the asteroid Chiron) retrograde planets until the beginning of October: Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.
Mercury will be switching directions in the sign of Libra, so relationships, diplomacy, and justice will be getting an intellectual and communicative review! Here’s your weekly horoscope.
- Mercury turns retrograde on Monday, September 27th, at 7:10 AM (CET), and will remain so until October 18th. We’re in for 3 weeks of major revisiting and revising any projects we might have started between August 30th and September 7th. In reality, these projects have been getting slowed down since September 7th, as that’s when Mercury entered its shadow phase, i.e. the pathway that Mercury began to walk and will retrace during its retrograde, which is 10° to 25° of Libra. So, we’ll be actually feeling this Mercury retrograde energy a little beyond October 18th after it goes Direct again; the shadow period will continue until November 2nd.
During a Mercury retrograde, it is advised not to start any new endeavours in the communications sector, sign new contracts, get into new relationships, buy new high-tech equipment, enrol into new academic courses and programmes, file new legal actions. The usual “exes coming back from the past” is enhanced by this transit; think twice before testing those waters again.
However, this is an excellent time for revising for exams, re-negotiating pending contracts and deals, having a meaningful talk with your significant other about new directions and perspectives in the relationship, reconnecting with old friends, re-engaging in any justice-related cause on a collective level. Of course, real life often gets in the way, and we can’t always wait until Mercury retrograde is over. So, if you must start new projects in the areas mentioned above, make sure to double-check all the information your receive and share.
You get one cheat day, though, when exceptionally, you’ll get to start a new Mercury-related endeavour on October 9th, when the Sun, Mercury and Mars will be in a triple conjunction starting 2 new cycles (I’ll expand on that in a later horoscope). The exact conjunction between the Sun and Mercury is called “Cazimi” (in the heart of the Sun), meaning that all of Mercury’s qualities will be enhanced and illuminated by the Sun. As Mercury does well in Air signs (Libra in this case), this will be a fantastic day for all of us to put into action (Mars) any original and innovative ideas regarding our relationships, any pending court cases we may have, or even our fashion style! Make sure to do it diplomatically, though, as Mars will still add its aggression to the matter despite it being in detriment in Libra.
Also, if you’re one of those astrology enthusiasts who likes to travel back in time, the last time Mercury retrograded in Libra was from September 17th until October 9th, 2015. Reflect on the type of events, conversations and realisations you’ve had at that time; the current Mercury retrograde will most likely bring a similar flavour to what’s about to unravel, or rather be reviewed, in your life.
This transit will be most challenging for Libra, Cancer, Capricorn, and Aries.
- From September 28th until September 30th (exact on September 29th), Venus in Scorpio will be trining (harmonious aspect) Neptune retrograde in Pisces. This is an extraordinarily romantic and artistic aspect! This can bring back wonderful ideas and memories from the sweet honeymoon phase for couples. Don’t waste this energy! You lovebirds can retrograde-proof your beautiful bond by filling the shared calendar with nostalgic experiences. Visit the place where you first kissed, make a playlist of your favourite songs over the year(s) and slow dance in the living room.
For the artists and fashionistas among you, the air will be filled with magic, glamour and possibility for you! Get out your painting brushes, musical instruments, sketches, pencils, extravagant and edgy outfits, mixing and mastering software! Your creativity will be boosted to the max! Your work may even attract some interesting offers; examine them carefully, though as Mercury’s retrograde journey has just started.
This alignment will be most beneficial for Scorpio, Cancer, Pisces, Taurus, and Capricorn.
- On September 29th-30th, the Sun in Libra will be trining Saturn retrograde in Aquarius. This is harmonious and positive energy for a disciplined focus on the structures in our lives. These couple of days are perfect for reexamining important projects and foundations that can lead to solid results and security in the future. Old career opportunities that you have thought you had lost can return for a second chance. The Mercury retrograde energy will help you assess objectively what went wrong in the past and allow you to win this time around.
This energy will be most supportive of Aquarius, Libra, Gemini, Sagittarius, and Aries.
On the same days, Mars in Libra will be opposing Chiron retrograde in Aries. This tense aspect can open the pandora box of old relationship wounds but is also a great opportunity to present both egos’ points of view and try to have a fair and balanced discussion. On the darker side of things, this can trigger a heated blame game within couples.
This transit will be most challenging for Aries, Libra, Cancer, and Capricorn.
- Mercury will be squaring (challenging aspect) for the 2nd time Pluto retrograde in Capricorn until the end of the week. This aspect brings conflicts, project delays, aggressive communications and emotions, and inaccurate/clouded judgement.
Again, this energy will be most difficult for Capricorn, Aries, Cancer, and Libra. This is not the right time to be too opinionated.
- From September 29th until October 1st, Venus in Scorpio will be squaring (challenging aspect) Jupiter retrograde in Aquarius. Hitting the breaks on indulgence in all areas may be harder than usual since we’re having a tense aspect between 2 benefic planets. They both want more and more in a sense! Avoid acting on impulses, you might regret it later! The key to mastering a Venus-Jupiter square is to notice your desires and honour them. Instead of grasping for the shiniest object or letting FOMO take hold, sate your lust for life in a measured way. In the words of Jupiter-ruled Mark Twain, “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
This alignment will be most challenging for Aquarius, Leo, Taurus, and Scorpio.
- Speaking of excess, intensified pleasure-seeking Venus will be sextiling (auspicious aspect) Pluto retrograde in Capricorn from September 30th until October 3rd. This is an opportune time for bringing more depth and intensity into our relationships and making more meaningful long-term investments.
Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces will be most supported by this alignment.
- We end the week with the second trine between Mercury and Jupiter retrograde in Aquarius starting on Sunday, October 3rd and continuing onto next week until October 6th. These are excellent few days for reevaluating our long-term plans and ideas before starting to execute them once Mercury turns direct. Make the best out of this energy; write all of your ideas down, you’ll be surprised by how innovative they can be.
Aquarius, Gemini, Libra, Aries and Sagittarius will benefit the most from this energy.
Wishing you an intellectually enriching week!
Your Astrologer – Theodora NightFall
Bear in mind that this is a general horoscope and is in no way your personal horoscope. If you’d like to know what your birth chart says about your personality and your life’s purpose or discover what the upcoming astrological alignments mean specifically for you, you can book a consultation with me.
Subscribe to my free newsletter, “Unveiling Astrology”, the place where the most potent magicK happens, and get my horoscopes, exclusive articles, updates, and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
If you liked this free content, why not share it or make a donation? Go on.