Listen to this Article
Dear NightFall Astrology readers,
In last week’s horoscope, I mentioned that the trine between Mercury in Virgo and Pluto retrograde in Capricorn will bring harmonious energy for inter-State negotiations regarding armed conflicts worldwide (particularly Afghanistan). While the humanitarian crisis in this State has peaked after the critical Full Moon at 29° of Aquarius, with suicide bombings at Kabul Airport and US drone strikes as a response to the killing of American troops, France and the U.K. will put forward an emergency U.N. Security Council resolution calling for a safe zone at Kabul airport to allow people to continue to leave Afghanistan, according to French President Emmanuel Macron. Today, U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres will hold a meeting on the crisis with envoys from the Security Council’s permanent members — Britain, France, the United States, China, and Russia.
More than 90 countries have issued a joint statement that they have received assurances from the Taliban that all foreign nationals and any Afghan citizen with travel authorisation from their countries will be allowed to proceed safely and orderly to points of departure and travel outside the country.
This diplomatic energy will be enhanced by Mercury entering Libra this Monday, August 30th. It will prolong its stay until November 5th because it will retrograde at the end of September (stay tuned for my upcoming Mercury retrograde special horoscope!). So buckle up; all of us will have lots of reviewing and reevaluation to do in our relationships; the same goes for our State leaders! Diplomacy and harmony won’t be guaranteed all the way without hiccups with this upcoming retrograde and Mercury still being invisible in the sky to the naked eye.
Anyways, now that my mundane astrology fans are satisfied let’s dive into the more personal/day-to-day version of this weekly horoscope.
- Mercury enters Libra on Monday, bringing sweet harmony and diplomacy and making relationships the talk of the town! Mercury tends to do well in Air signs as it rules Gemini, but it’s all about initiating communications here, as Libra is a Cardinal Air sign. Communication can make or break our bonds. If you have any hovering conflicts to resolve (legal and non-legal), make important negotiations, or sign major contracts, be sure to do it now before Mercury switches direction at the end of the month!
As Libra is a Venus-ruled sign, and Venus is transiting it as we speak, any of you who are in the fashion industry or retail may see your sales go up! For the luxury lovers and fashionistas among you, this is the opportunity for you to put those statement pieces on!
This transit will be most beneficial for Libra, Gemini, Aquarius, Leo, and Sagittarius.
Aries, Capricorn and Cancer should be mindful of overspending and unnecessary clashes in their business and personal relationships.
- Mars in Virgo will be opposing Neptune retrograde in Pisces all week. This tense aspect will be exact from September 2nd until September 4th. Oppositions to Neptune are always difficult as they trigger a lot of confusion, poisoning, escapism through toxic substances, and a higher risk of contaminations and allergies.
Such a transit has almost always been accompanied by a peak of COVID cases and/or vaccine issues. Mercury opposed Neptune last week before Mars started its opposition at the end of it, and we’ve been seeing all over the news growing severe cases and deaths after several vaccination campaigns:
- one million Moderna shots were withdrawn in Japan after two die from contamination;
- New Zealand’s Auckland stays in lockdown; officials report Pfizer-linked death;
- Australian state warns COVID-19 hospitalisations to peak in October;
- Guadeloupe and Martinique, the two main French islands in the Caribbean, battle a fourth wave of the pandemic;
- A new COVID variant was detected in South Africa, the most mutated variant so far.
When it comes to our relationships and finances, we may find ourselves in unclear situations where we could be more exposed than usual to lies and deception or even make compulsive purchases that we’ll end up regretting later.
Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo and Gemini should be careful the most with this transit.
- From September 1st until September 5th, Mercury in Libra will be forming a Grand Trine with Saturn retrograde in Aquarius and the North Node in Gemini. This is a karmic and auspicious aspect for getting to the bottom of the facts of a situation and negotiating in all relationships (personal, business and even when it comes to international relations and diplomacy). Communications bring stability with Saturn being involved in this aspect. This is also amazing energy for original and innovative ideas that will have the potential to be developed into long-term projects.
This aspect will support Gemini, Libra, Aquarius, Leo and Aries the most.
- We end the week with a clash (a Square) between pleasure-seeking Venus in Libra and detective/esoteric Pluto retrograde in Capricorn. This can bring eruptive disputes and conflicts in business and personal relationships, as Pluto rules the subconscious. Pluto is the projector planet, and its influence can cause us to ascribe qualities to people that aren’t actually real. Falling in love with people’s potential instead of seeing them for who they truly are? Power struggles will be a major theme during this transit. Do your best to stay clear-minded and grounded.
Venus rules art and beauty, so if you find yourself in an uncontrollable anger outburst, retreat and give a listen to your favourite song, album or artist. Here’s my recommendation for the week, by the way: “September” by Rebekka Bakken.
This aspect will be ongoing from September 4th until September 7th and will become exact on September 5th.
This alignment will challenge Capricorn, Libra, Aries and Cancer the most.
Bear in mind that this is a general horoscope and is in no way your personal horoscope. If you’d like to know what your birth chart says about your personality and your life’s purpose or discover what the upcoming astrological alignments mean specifically for you, you can book a consultation with me.
Subscribe to my free newsletter, “Unveiling Astrology”, the place where the most potent magicK happens, and get my horoscopes, exclusive articles, updates, and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
No matter what your situation is, don’t give up. Something amazing is coming your way.
Your astrologer – Theodora NightFall
If you liked this free content, why not share it or make a donation? Go on.