Listen to this Article
My Dear Universal Truthseekers!
What an exciting week is awaiting us! Sparks will be flying high as Venus and Mars (the eternal lovers) will meet in the most romantic sign of the zodiac: Leo! Here’s your weekly horoscope:
- Mercury has already moved into Cancer on Sunday, July 11th, and will stay there until July 28th, encouraging us to communicate our emotions to our families and loved ones. Mercury in Cancer shifts our mind towards our emotions and brings them into the forefront of our thoughts, so better not bottle them up. Open up to the people that matter the most to you.
This is the winning combination of ultimate compassion and divine love! Have those conversations you’ve been meaning to have for a while, send that text, make that call! But fear not, you’ll be boosted to do so right from the start of the week because, on Monday, July 12th, Mercury in Cancer will trine (harmonious aspect) Jupiter retrograde in Pisces.
This is also gorgeous energy for business negotiations, planning and booking long-distance trips, and executing original ideas.
This energy will be most supportive of Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn.
- Chiron will be stationary throughout the week until it turns retrograde in Aries on July 15th. Chiron is an asteroid orbiting between Saturn and Uranus. It was discovered in 1977. So, it is the bridge between the last planet that can be seen by the naked eye (Saturn) and the rest of the planets that go beyond that (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto). Astrologically, it represents the bridge between the material/seen world and the spiritual/unseen one. It’s the key to our humaneness in a birth chart.
In Greek mythology, Chiron is known as the wounded healer; he was a centaur. In our individual charts, it is where we feel compelled to heal, and at the same time, aren’t certain whether we’ll ever manage to do so, but we do the work anyway. Chiron was a centaur (part horse, part human creature in Greek mythology). Only his back legs were those of a horse. Animals in mythology are conceptualised as being more instinctive and humans as being able to rise above their instincts and are endowed with reason, giving them the choice to connect with the higher intellect (the divine). Chiron was a professor of philosophy and medicine. He embodied a holistic approach to knowledge and wisdom. So, the story goes that Hercules or Ares (depending on the version of the myth) was one of his students and, while acting on an impulse, wounded Chiron with one of his arrows. From that moment on, Chiron could heal others but never himself. Chiron was in a lot of pain for a long time before the Gods took mercy on him and made him a constellation, thus regaining his immortality.
Ares (Mars in Roman mythology) felt bad about what he did to Chiron, though. In time, he became more strategic, more insightful, and that took grace. That grace came from Venus: Mars’ eternal lover. Mars is also considered in astrology our survival instinct, our primal programming when we’re born. It is, ultimately, love and grace that temper this impulsivity in all of us. At his best, Mars is known as the spiritual warrior, and that’s what it can transform into in each one of us. We all have Mars somewhere in our chart; that’s where our passion and drive are concentrated, but we should all learn to use them for good and outgrow any destructive behaviours we might exhibit.
This is an example of evolution itself. Remember, at its core, evolutionary astrology helps us to understand ourselves in all our strengths and weaknesses and reach the highest potential sealed in our individual charts, bringing us closer to God/Universe.
We’ve been all going through the healing of our identities since 2018, when Chiron entered Aries, but it’s not an overnight process. So, when Chiron turns retrograde, the healing energy turns inwards. Chiron will remain retrograde until December 19th. We’re invited to take a step back during this retrograde and review how far we’ve come in this healing journey, and make the necessary adjustments when needed.
- This brings us to this long-awaited fated meeting between Mars and Venus in the sign that rules the Heart: Leo! This aspect brings an overflow of passionate, creative and romantic energy! This conjunction will be operational from July 12th until July 15th and will become exact on July 13th-14th.
The fire signs: Leo, Aries and Sagittarius will be particularly boosted by this aspect! Don’t waste your chance. Take action!
This energy is also very positive for Libra and Gemini.
Aquarius, Scorpio and Taurus should be careful with impulsive behaviour, especially in their relationships.
- On July 14th-15th, the Sun in Cancer will be trining (harmonious aspect) Neptune in Pisces. Again, compassion and empathy to our fellow man come into our consciousness—amazing energy for artistic endeavours, spirituality, and romantic encounters.
This energy will be supporting Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio, Taurus and Capricorn the most.
- We end the week with a challenging and tense aspect (opposition) between the Sun in Cancer and Pluto retrograde in Capricorn that will become exact on July 17th but will be ongoing the entire week. This can trigger conflicts, destructive, controlling and obsessive behaviour, accidents and health problems (due to eruptive emotions).
On a more mundane level, this alignment can cause a conflict between the will of the people (Sun in Cancer) and the governments’ control (Pluto in Capricorn), which we’ve already been seeing in France with the latest political developments. The Republic of France is a Libra Sun, Cancer Moon and Aries Rising, which means, as you’ll see below, that it’s one of the countries that will be affected most negatively by this tense aspect.
Capricorn, Cancer, Aries and Libra should watch out the most from this energy. Those of you who have inner/personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars) in the degree of the opposition (25° within a 5° orb) should also try their best to keep their calm. Pluto can bring out lethal anger. With it being in an aspect with the Sun in Cancer, feelings of being offended, insulted and/or outraged can go overboard and exaggerated and lead to dangerous actions.
Do your best to channel this energy into something positive such as working out, going on a hike, playing or listening to music, painting, cocooning, cooking, writing…
Bear in mind that this is a general horoscope and is in no way your personal horoscope. If you’d like to know what your birth chart says about your personality and your life’s purpose or discover what the upcoming astrological alignments mean specifically for you, you can book a consultation with me through this link.
This week’s exclusive newsletter article will discuss the important transits that trigger what we call the “mid-life” crisis in a person’s life (no, that’s not some random term, and now you’ll get the chance to discover the astrology behind it). This usually happens between the ages of 36 and 45. So make sure to subscribe to my newsletter if you’d like to learn about this important life period!
Wishing you the most passionate week of 2021!
Your astrologer – Theodora NightFall
If you liked this free content, share it or make a donation.