Listen to this Article
Dear NightFall Astrology readers,
Buckle up as we’re embarking upon one of the most intense weeks of the year! Power struggles, excessive ego clashes, impulsive financial decisions that we might regret later, sudden shifts… but with the potential to break free from our inner demons (especially those negative voices we have in our heads that keep diminishing our self-esteem).
Here’s your weekly horoscope.
- On Monday, November 15th, the Sun in Scorpio will be squaring (challenging aspect) Jupiter in Aquarius. This is a problematic aspect for business endeavours, dealing with administrative issues and legalities, and could also potentially bring wrong financial decisions, especially regarding shared resources and inheritances. All of us should be particularly careful with becoming too strong-willed and hurting other people’s egos.
This transit will be most challenging for Scorpio, Aquarius, Leo, and Taurus.
- From November 15th until November 18th (exact on November 16th), the Sun in Scorpio will be sextiling (harmonious aspect) Pluto in Capricorn. This energy brings significant financial and career opportunities, but they won’t fall into our laps just like that (trines usually bring such gifts)! We’ll have to do our own research and grab the right ones for us! This aspect can bring a long-awaited victory that’s been particularly dear to our heart; it’s the black swan that turns into a white one!
However, during the same period, becoming exact on November 18th and continuing until the weekend, Mars in Scorpio will be opposing (tense aspect) Uranus in Taurus, officially reactivating the year-long major square between Saturn and Uranus. In two years, aggressive Mars in Scorpio goes mano-a-mano with combustible Uranus in Taurus for the first time. Everyone’s got a point to make, and no one’s backing down. In fact, go gently into any “combat zones,” assessing the risk before you push back against your so-called opposition. People could stoop to some seriously manipulative lows if they’re feeling threatened. Backing off is not the same as backing down, which is essential to remember during the entire week.
This is also a very accident-prone and anxiety-provoking transit. Travelling by plane isn’t recommended; also, issues with high-tech items will be very probable during this period. If you feel like people are excessively opposed to your will, forcing things will only complicate the situation even further.
The Sun/Pluto sextile will be most auspicious for Capricorn, Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus, and Virgo.
The Mars/Uranus opposition will be most challenging for Taurus, Scorpio, Leo, and Aquarius.
- On November 18th, Venus will be reaching 11° of Capricorn and officially entering its shadow phase before turning retrograde on December 19th. Long-term relationships (business, romantic, family, friendship) will start a testing and review period. Capricorn is a Saturnian sign and doesn’t like anything that isn’t built on a solid foundation, so yes, break-ups, contract terminations, lay-offs, friendship endings are on the table. On the other hand, Venus retrograde is an excellent period for solidifying what’s already stable and even upgrading it; planning promotions, weddings, engagements, real-estate purchases and construction is also in the cards at this time. Just wait until after the retrograde to execute your plans.
Venus’s shadow and retrograde periods will be most challenging for Capricorn, Cancer, Libra, and Aries.
Scorpio, Pisces, Virgo and Taurus will have the opportunity to finalise any important negotiations that they’ve been trying to push through for a while.
- On November 19th, the star astrological event of the week – the partial lunar eclipse in 28° of Taurus – will take place! A lunar eclipse is a full moon on steroids bringing dramatic and unexpected endings, culminations, and resolutions. A partial lunar eclipse isn’t as intense as a total one, but it’s still a pretty big deal energetically. The effects of an eclipse usually last up to 6 months, but this one will be affecting us only for the next 3. We’ve also been feeling its energy for the past couple of weeks already.
It’ll be taking place on the money axis (Taurus-Scorpio), so naturally, our personal and collective resources will be in the spotlight. Taurus rules our income, material values and possessions, farming and Earth’s fertility in general. On the other hand, Scorpio rules the intangible, hidden and spiritual reality alongside shared resources and large financial institutions.
There are several peculiarities of this eclipse:
- It’ll be happening in an anaretic/critical degree, indicating a period of crisis, in this case, an economic crisis. We’ve been, of course, hearing about the financial crisis that will be resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, but with this eclipse, we’ll be seeing its concrete manifestation over the next 100 days.
- It’ll be conjoining the fixed star “Algol”, known as the Demon Star in ancient astrology. For those of you who have been following me for a while, but also my new readers, you (should) know that I’m an astrologer who isn’t a proponent for apocalyptic scenarios. With enough self-awareness, all of us have the potential to navigate these challenging times more smoothly. Remember, this is a full moon on steroids involving the Sun in Scorpio, so intense irrational fears, such as the need to stock up on food for fear of scarcity, will run high. The keyword here is “irrational”, so avoid blowing things out of proportion.
Anyways, back to Algol:
In astrology, Algol is one of the most unfortunate stars. Ptolemy referred to it as “the Gorgon of Perseus” and associated it with death by decapitation: mirroring the myth of the hero Perseus’ victory over the snake-headed Gorgon Medusa. Historically, it has received a strong association with violence across a wide variety of cultures. Medieval Arabic commanders tried to ensure that no critical battle began whilst the light of Algol was weak. It may be connected to the periodic lucky prognosis in an ancient Egyptian calendar for lucky and unlucky days composed about 3200 years ago. The 17th-century English astrologer William Lilly regarded any planet to be afflicted when within five degrees of conjunction.
Astrologers, of course, said that it was the most unfortunate, violent, and dangerous star in the heavens, and it certainly has been one of the best observed as the most noteworthy variable in the northern sky.
Algol represents the head of the Gorgon Medusa, who was slain by Perseus. Medusa, who was the only mortal one of the three Gorgon sisters, was originally a beautiful maiden, but her hair was changed into hissing serpents by Minerva in consequence of her having become by Neptune, the mother of Chrysaor and Pegasus in one of Minerva’s temples. This gave her so fearful an appearance that everyone who looked at her was changed into stone.
Fixed star Algol is of the nature of Saturn and Jupiter (dignified, pious, conservative, acquisitive, retentive). It causes misfortune, violence, decapitation, hanging, electrocution and mob violence, and gives a dogged and violent nature that causes death to the native or others. It is the evilest star in the heavens.
Algol’s name is derived from the Arabic “Al Ghoul”, meaning “demon”, “evil spirit”, or “devil”. Derived from the same root as “alcohol.” The dark one has the property of pure Saturn character; the lighter one corresponds to Saturnian influence and Mars-Uranus-Pluto nature.
It is very difficult to avoid accidents and severe injuries if Algol is in conjunction with the Sun, Moon or the malefics. As everything has two sides, it has to be said that “high spiritual rays” are emanating from Algol also, but only those human beings can receive them who have already reached high spiritual development. Even then, it has to be noted that those particular persons will have difficulties and obstacles in their way, and they have to use much energy to overcome these handicaps. If their endeavours fail, strong counter forces and enmities will be present.
As you can see, the fixed star Algol represents the very nature of Scorpio: transformation through hardship, freeing oneself from one’s demons by facing one’s shadow self, rising from the ashes like the phoenix through spiritual development. The 4th hermetic principle – the principle of polarity – is to be applied here. Nothing in this existence is all doom and gloom. The eclipse will also be happening near the Pleaides – the exaltation point of the Moon – which is a cluster of stars at the end of Taurus and the early degrees of Gemini. The brightest star of the Pleiades is called “Alcyone” and is of the image of a little virgin or lamp. It strengthens the eyesight, assembles spirits, raises winds and reveals secret and hidden things.
This eclipse can bring for all of us strong spiritual energy if we’re willing to hold onto it.
- During the eclipse, Mercury will be already invisible as it’ll be close to the Sun, embodying the Greek God of Light Apollo entering its heliacal phase of “divination by mind”, again emphasising the sharp mind that Mercury in Scorpio gives. Take a deep dive into some spiritual/esoteric literature during this eclipse; it’ll help you stay grounded and hopeful.
The exalted Moon in Taurus will be trining (harmonious aspect) Pluto in Capricorn, meaning that powerful and wealthy authority figures can be brought down, especially through material losses and political scandals getting revealed. For us, the regular people, this can allow us to break free from material restrictions by using our strategic mind and taking action to form the right alliances. This is enhanced even more with the disposition planet of the eclipse – Venus in Capricorn – trining (harmonious aspect) Uranus in Taurus. Sudden financial and relationship breakthroughs will be possible.
The eclipse will be forming a fixed T-square (very challenging aspect) to Jupiter in Aquarius. The energy mentioned above will be blown out of proportion. On a mundane level, this can translate into natural disasters, long-lasting effects of the official unfolding of the economic crisis, significant political and governmental changes, and conflicts worldwide.
On a personal level, there can be conflicts in marriages, friendships, business partnerships, excessively negative emotions, and health issues. Even more so with Mercury in Scorpio squaring Jupiter as well.
However, as we mentioned earlier, the eclipse will bring resolutions to different situations; don’t implement them on a whim but rather plan them. Avoid emotional reactions at all costs. Thanks to the ongoing trine between Mercury in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces, you’ll have the needed empathy and compassion. All of us will be able to get to the bottom of things for sure.
- Whatever situation culminates or ends for you, it’ll be the result of something you had started around the New Moon in Taurus that happened on May 11th, 2021. For an even further throwback, the last time we had a similar eclipse was on November 20th, 2002.
On a mundane level, that eclipse coincided with the following events:
- October 23–25 – Chechen rebels took control of the Nord-Ost theatre in Moscow and held the audience hostage. At least 170 people were killed following a Russian attempt to subdue the militants.
- November – Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) epidemic began in Guangdong Province of Mainland China.
- November 7 – A sovereignty referendum was held in Gibraltar. The people rejected Spanish sovereignty.
- November 8 – The United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted Resolution 1441, forcing Iraq to either disarm or face “serious consequences”. Iraq agreed to the terms of the resolution on November 13.
- November 16 – The first case of Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), a zoonosis caused by a coronavirus, was recorded in Guangdong, China.
- November 19 – Prestige oil spill: Greek oil tanker MV Prestige split in half off the coast of Galicia after spilling an estimated 17.8M US gallons (420,000 bbl) in the worst environmental disaster in the history of the Iberian Peninsula.
- November 25 – U.S. President George W. Bush signed the Homeland Security Act into law, establishing the Department of Homeland Security, in the largest U.S. government reorganisation since the creation of the Department of Defense in 1947. Following a several month-long transitional period, it commenced operations the following year.
- November 28 – 2002 Mombasa attacks: Suicide bombers blew up an Israeli-owned hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, but their colleagues failed in their attempt to bring down an Arkia Israel Airlines charter flight with surface-to-air-missiles.
What’s striking about these events is that we also had a SARS epidemic similar to the one we’ve been facing for the last couple of years back then. So striking developments and revelations about the current pandemic are to be expected too. We’ve been already seeing alerts of a 5th wave of COVID-19 in the news for the last couple of weeks.
- Finally, this eclipse will be visible from North America and the Pacific Ocean. Alaska, Eastern Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Observers in western Asia, Australia, and New Zealand will miss the early stages of the eclipse because they occur before the moonrise. Similarly, South America and Western Europe will experience moonset before the eclipse ends. None of the eclipse is visible from Africa, the Middle East, and Western Asia. Consequently, the areas where the eclipse will be visible will be the most affected ones by the eclipse.
This eclipse will be felt most intensely by Taurus, Scorpio, Leo, and Aquarius. Especially those of you who have your Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven, IC or any other important planet or point in your chart around 28° of these signs (give or take 2-3 degrees).
“… throw roses into the abyss and say: “here is my thanks to the monster who didn’t succeed in swallowing me alive.” F. Nietzsche
May you all rise like Phoenixes from the ashes!
Your Astrologer – Theodora NightFall
Bear in mind that this is a general horoscope and is in no way your personal horoscope. If you’d like to know what your birth chart says about your personality and your life’s purpose or discover what the upcoming astrological alignments mean specifically for you, you can book a consultation with me.
Subscribe to my free newsletter, “Unveiling Astrology”, the place where the most potent magicK happens, and get my horoscopes, exclusive articles, updates, and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
If you liked this free content, why not share it or make a donation? Go on.