We enter the week with intense, transformative energy. Pluto is still stationary retrograde which means that there’s heightened tension in the air, things are halted, and there’s a sense of deep transformation just around the corner. However, it will start moving in a retrograde motion on Thursday the 7th, which will clarify what needs to be transformed, especially on a psychological level regarding our career, life purpose, and inner authority. On a world level, this will begin showing where governments and authorities have been preventing growth in the right direction. Pluto will start exposing that in the next 5-6 months. Many decisions and situations will be reviewed.
Personal/inner planets are shifting signs, so this week’s energy will be felt on a more personal level.
- On Monday, May 3rd, Mercury in Taurus will be squaring (tense aspect) Jupiter in Aquarius. This translates into practically merging large ideas through action. The tricky part is that we might have the tendency to exaggerate the applicability of our ideas, present our stories as larger than life, but on the other hand, it can bring back some faith and optimism into our minds and hearts.
Aquarius, Leo, Scorpio and Taurus should be particularly mindful of blowing things out of proportion in their minds and communications.
Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius and Aries are encouraged to take action and be more persuasive in their endeavours.
Also, on Monday, the Sun in Taurus will square Saturn in Aquarius. Whatever exaggerated ideas we might have had with the Mercury/Jupiter square will be brought down to earth with this tense aspect. We are being called to take action on accepting and reevaluating what is worth investing our will and passion into it and what isn’t.
Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio will have to deal with a strong reality check in their relationships (business, love, career, friendship, family).
Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius and Aries will have the opportunity to see clearly and settle conflicts through logic and reason.
- On May 4th, Mercury enters its home sign of Gemini. It will stay there until July 11th (longer than usual) as it will retrograde at the end of the month (I’ll be covering that in another weekly horoscope).
Mercury’s energy is strengthened in the sign of Gemini; it makes us more curious, open-minded, willing to communicate and receive a lot of information. Fast-paced and witty communications are enhanced here. This is perfect for business negotiations.
Gemini, Aquarius, Libra, Aries and Leo will benefit the most from this transit.
Sagittarius, Virgo and Pisces should watch out for confusion in their ideas and communications.
- On May 5th-6th, Venus in Taurus will be trining (very auspicious aspect) Pluto retrograde in Capricorn. This brings effortlessly fated and magnetic attractions and helps us find power through our beauty—also a very auspicious aspect for money and business projects. You might find that it’s easier to get a “yes” answer from people who have been resisting your propositions for a long time.
Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio and Pisces are the most supported signs by this aspect.
Cancer, Aries and Libra should remain cautious with overspending and overpromising.
- On May 6th, Jupiter reaches the anaretic/critical degree (29°) of Aquarius. Jupiter is at the end of its work and cycle in this sign before it enters its own traditional sign of Pisces on May 14th. It won’t stay there for long, though, as it will retrograde back into Aquarius on July 28th. Jupiter being in the final degree of Aquarius means that for now, its purpose of opening our minds to new and more future-oriented ideas, humanitarian causes/organisations and new technologies is ending and thus weakened. We might see one final push for some unconventional way of doing or communicating things this week, though.
Aquarius, Leo, Scorpio and Taurus shouldn’t push their ideas too hard on others.
Gemini, Sagittarius, Aries and Libra could, on the other hand, take advantage of this energy and make one final push towards an innovative project they’ve been cooking for a while.
- On May 7th-8th, Venus in Taurus will be squaring Jupiter in Aquarius. This is another tense aspect that could translate into overspending, especially on high tech items, being too idealistic about love and relationships, getting lost in the big picture of any situation related to these topics. It also gives the tendency to have unrealistic expectations. If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Use your discernment wisely.
This aspect will be the most challenging for Aquarius, Leo, Scorpio and Taurus.
Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius and Aries can get opportunities in relationships and money that will require a little bit more effort than usual.
- On May 9th, Venus will enter Gemini and will remain there until June 2nd. Venus in Gemini loves connecting with other people’s minds. Intellectual stimulation is the way to go to connect with people during this transit. The changing of our perception can even change the way we look. Brilliance and intellect are very attractive here. Beautiful ideas are celebrated at this time. Gemini is youthful energy; it’s an inquisitive one as well. Use it to spice your relationships up and meet new people. Networking is made easier here.
This Venus transit might also bring up situations from May-June last year when it retrograded in Gemini (5°- 21°) and settle them for good.
Gemini, Aquarius, Libra, Aries and Leo are supported the most by this energy.
Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces should be mindful of putting way too much passion or value into their and other people’s communications. Gemini communications remain casual, so take them as they are.
Wishing you an intellectually stimulating week!
Your astrologer – Theodora NightFall
P.S. If you’d like to book an astrology consultation with me, go to my consultations page.
P.P.S. Want to dive deeper? Get on my email list by hitting the button down below to receive EXCLUSIVE content and offers directly in your inbox!